Our client, a leading customer communications company, is looking for an Application Support Engineer to join them on a 3 month contract to be based in either their Leicester or Dagenham office.
As the Application Support Engineer, you will work as part of the wider team of Engineers supporting a variety of high availability applications for a large customer base.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for continuous improvement in the product, process and service.
- Create and QA effective documentation to facilitate maintenance and support of developed products
- Provide technical advice, guidance and assistance to colleagues
- Gain good knowledge of existing implemented solutions and work closely with other IT teams, to identify and resolve problems as required
- Undertake more complex issue investigation and resolution and able to use a number of application management software and tools to aid diagnostics and produce reports for management detailing findings / post incident reports
- Supporting server, web based, and desktop applications
- Running and creating SQL queries
- Supporting IIS configuration and Apache Tomcat configuration
- Supporting ABBYY FlexiCapture and Alaris ACP
Key skills required
- Ability to write / understand SQL scripts
- Possesses good written and verbal communication skills and is able to work effectively with peers and colleagues from within Technology
- Good knowledge of application deployment and support on Windows platforms is essential
- Strong adherence to quality processes and understanding of right first time approach and able to review code to ensure quality controls are in place
- Able to work with internal customers to establish/validate application requirements
This is a 3 month contract, paid weekly. You will be working a hybrid role of 2/3 days in the closest office to your home (either Leicester or Dagenham) and the rest from home.
You must have a right to work in the United Kingdom.
Salary is up to £600 per day outside IR35.
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
£600 per day
Location: Leicester or Dagenham