Our partner’s company, a leading third-party AIFM located in Luxembourg, is an ambitious actor on the financial market with a professional background of more than 30 years.
As a victim of its own success, the company is currently looking for a new talented recruit to join their team and reinforce the ranks. You will become part of a well-known company, nationally and internationally, who puts a huge focus on the well-being of its employees.
The AIFM is actively seeking a Chief Risk & Compliance Officer. You will be fully involved in the business and have enormous chances of evolution.
Risk – job description:
- Be leader of the Risk Management team of rapidly growing third-party AIFM, co-operating with conducting officer responsible for risk and reporting to Risk Committee and the Board of the AIFM;
- Be responsible for maintenance and amelioration of the risk system of the AIFM, policies and procedures primarily for private equity, real estate and debt strategies
- Organise and/or perform initial and regular risk assessments for managed funds;
- Organise and/or perform initial risk assessments (ex-ante) for transactions made by the managed Funds and for their disposals
- Participate in co-ordination and/or production of regular and ad-hoc reports to the senior management, investment committee, risk committee and the Board of Directors of the AIFM and to the regulator. Ensure identification of potential or actual breaches of the risk limits and compliance of the funds with their risk profiles;
- Support the monitoring of investment compliance of the funds under management; co-operate with portfolio managers and the compliance team
- Make sure that a log of risk events for the Funds is maintained
- Co-ordinate exchange of information between the administrators, investment advisors, depositaries, etc. Communicate with the professional of the clients
- Assist in the analysis and implementation of regulatory changes (CSSF Circulars, UCITS, AIFMD, ESMA guidelines)
Compliance – job description:
- Be a master organizer, enjoy variety and a methodical planner to ensure that the AIFM and the fund under its management are always consistent and comply with applicable laws regulations.
- Be thorough in all you do, using your own judgment to highlight any significant finds and escalate if rules and regulations are breached. Attention to detail is a must have as you’ll be responsible for producing timely and accurate compliance and AML reports for the AIFM and its funds under management.
- Ensure we comply and meet our KYC obligations as you organize and conduct automated KYC screening and reporting, safeguarding us from potential risks.
- Prepare compliance opinion and ensure quality of AIFM Acceptance Committee Minutes and Investment Proposals and the related documentation. You will support and assist in any request coming from the internal and external auditor of the AIFM from a compliance point of view. You will also ensure the correct handling of complaints and oversee the due diligence on third party service providers.
- Be a team player at heart, pro-active and with an eye for detail, as well as great organizational skills so you can prioritize your day-to-day and meet the deadlines.
- Be second line of defense and ensure that we are compliant with applicable laws, corporate and service standards, company policies and procedures. With the support of your team and using your own judgement you will need to identify any risks or concerns and report them in a timely manner.
As a Chief Risk & Compliance Officer, you need:
- Minimum 8 years of working experience as a Risk Officer and/or Compliance with an exposure to Private Equity & Real Estate funds
- Experience in development, implementation and oversight of value-adding risk management tools and processes
- Fluency in English, Italian, French or German would be a great asset
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and writing to a high standard to a range of executives’ people
As a Risk Officer, you get:
An attractive salary package and advantages such as meal vouchers or bonuses. Besides the salary aspect, you will join a continuously growing company with a great reputation on national and international markets.
If you feel that you share our partner’s values and would like to know more or meet them, feel free to apply.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.