We're looking for a Commercial Analyst to join our client, based in Sunderland.
Working closely with the Commercial Manager and Production Manager, you will have responsibility for the creation of pricing models for new products and services, including the creation of technical specifications.
The role also includes reviewing of products and services and maintaining the quotation system configuration with script estimating options and the standards within the pricing scripts.
Your main objective is to maximise savings and minimise spending. As part of this, you will be reviewing daily and non-daily KPIs (both financial and non-financial) with all stakeholders.
- Be creative to affect the best possible pricing within current manning/equipment constraints and recommend improved methods, equipment and manning to improve costings
- Provide reporting detailing all enquiries and estimating conversion rates by input, client, product or service
- Ascertain and report the relevance of estimate requests to help the business to align sales and marketing plans with successful estimate conversions
- Take base data and create meaningful and presentable MI across various forms of media
- Calculate the final figure for estimated cost taking into consideration overheads and profit
- Handle all enquiries for daily quoting covering new products and services for external and internal sales
- Prepare pricing models for major tenders
- Your forecasts need to be underpinned by a solid understanding of current market conditions. As part of this, you’ll need to take into account your competitors’ performance, external regulatory developments, while factoring in dividends and shareholder pressure
- Detail the production, materials, labour and distribution costs necessary to achieve the required specification
- Liaise with Finance and Procurement to ensure accurate and up to date material prices and cost rates are being used in the business at all times
- Challenge conventional wisdom in our current processes and manufacturing routes
- Use skills and knowledge to model variations to pricing structures
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply below or get in touch for more information!
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.