An exciting opportunity has presented itself for a commercially astute and experienced Commercial Director to join an award winning customer communications business that is in huge growth mode!
Working closely with both operations and finance functions, you will have responsibility for delivering a diverse range of commercial activities to maximise financial performance through contract negotiation, risk management, service delivery and new business.
- Main accountability for client contract management. Scope of work to cover: new tenders and bids, ad-hoc enquiries, existing contract reviews, contract renewals
- Work with the senior management team and solutions and operational functions to identify new strategic business opportunities
- Lead person for tender and bid contract preparation
- Work with relevant Key Account Managers to facilitate/review job costing activity
- Align costings to financial budgets and forecasts to ensure all factors are captured and can be delivered within, or exceeding, agreed targets
- Perform review of existing contracts periodically to ensure best commercial performance is being achieved
- Analyse client/job/process financial performance data then create detailed MI reports for internal and external use
- Perform a number of regular data analysis actions to ensure effective controls in operational/client services areas
- Take an active role in continuous improvement plan, lead all client-based commercial opportunities for this by identifying opportunities then driving actions through to conclusion
- Project management where required
Experience and skills required:
- Commercially astute and able to communicate reasoning behind pricing
- Experience of pricing and process control within a production / processing industry
- Contact negotiation skills
- Risk management
- Service delivery
- High level mathematical and analytical capability
- Excellent people management/relationship management ability
Get in touch for more information or for a chat about this incredible opportunity.
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Location: Remote (UK)