Our client, an award winning customer communications company based in the UK, is looking for a Configuration and Performance Manager who will ensure an effective and easy to access Configuration Management DB (CMDB) platform and Knowledge Base (KB) to underpin IT Service Management that is kept up to date and relevant via defined introduction and maintenance processes.
The Configuration and Performance manager will also be responsible for the performance of ITSM, monitoring key performance indicators, owning reporting, identifying areas for improvement and ensuring they are logged, tracked and completed by relevant resources.
Day to day activities include:
- Responsible for the overall upkeep of the Knowledge Base (KB) and Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Work with extended team to develop, deliver and maintain the Knowledge Base (KB) and Configuration Management Database (CMDB) strategy that underpins ITSM
- Able to effectively explain complex technical solutions in simple terms and concepts which is accessible but relevant to a wide and non-technical audience
- Work closely with colleagues in other teams to identify and deliver appropriate materials to support the implementation of new technology and ensure Knowledge Base (KB) and Configuration Management Database (CMDB) is relevant and available
- Responsible for ensuring documented Knowledge Base (KB) and Configuration Management Database (CMDB) articles are in place prior to the above going live so that ServiceDesk have a well-defined process for supporting as required
- Responsible for IT Service Management reporting ensuring reporting is created accurately and to deadlines
- Monitoring Key Performance Indicators within ITSM in order to identify areas for improvement. Owning the logging, tracking and completion of actions to effect positive impact upon KPIs
- Will be expected to train/coach colleagues in CMDB management/upkeep and ServiceDesk processes and procedures when required
- Demonstrable experience of Configuration Management
- Previous experience of managing technical direct reports
- Strong desire to learn
- Logical and methodical troubleshooting skills
- Strong customer service skills using effective listening, understanding and able to articulate the next steps in a confident and professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical aptitude
- ITIL Qualification
- Change manager experience desirable
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.