We have an exciting opportunity for two Credit Controllers to join a busy finance team in Ashton.
This is a varied role, with the key focus in undertaking effective collection and obtaining earliest possible settlement accounts to improve cash flow and minimise bad debt exposure.
You’ll be responsible for circa 500 accounts, liaising with customers efficiently and proactively whilst ensuring collection targets are met.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Undertake effective collection and obtain earliest possible settlement accounts so as to improve cash flow and minimise bad debt exposure
- Account reconciliations
- Responsible for circa 500 key accounts
- Deal with customer enquiries and able to identify and manage the need for credit notes
- Maintaining and building relationships with customers whilst ensuring collection targets are met
- Liaising with internal departments to resolve queries
- Action and monitor all debtors
- Be able to produce and manipulate Excel workbooks to intermediate level
- Daily/weekly analysis of all new accounts open for investigations
- Monitoring credit alerts
- Sending statements and copy invoices where requested
- Monitoring billing cycles and ensuring customers’ receive data
- Ensure accounts on stop/hold are monitored and dealt with promptly
- Undertake all activities in line with Company Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures and participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace
Skills & knowledge required:
- Successful candidates will have experience within a corporate/retail collections department
- System requirements – Excel (intermediate level – spreadsheets/formulas)
- Experience in low volume high value credit control
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues and customers alike
- Customer focussed, the ability to understand the needs and priorities of our customers and the desire to deliver an outstanding service with a calm professional approach
- Must be flexible and open to meeting the company’s changing priorities when required
- Possess a positive attitude, with a high emphasis on building solid customer relationships, both internal and external
- Highly self-motivated, good attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness in assessing and reviewing business risks
- Enthusiastic, flexible, hardworking and reliable
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, demonstrating a proactive, problem solving approach
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
If you’d like to learn more about this role, please get in touch with Natalie!
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.