We have an exciting opportunity for a Credit Controller to join a busy finance team on a permanent basis to be based in Ashton.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- To undertake effective collection and obtain earliest possible settlement accounts to improve cash flow and minimise bad debt exposure.
- Account Reconciliations
- Responsible for circa 500 Key Accounts
- Deal with customer enquiries and able to identify & manage the need for credit notes
- Maintaining and building relationships with customers whilst ensuring collection targets are met
- Liaising with internal departments to resolve queries
- Action and monitor all debtors
- Be able to produce and manipulate Excel workbooks to intermediate level
- Daily / Weekly analysis of all New Accounts open for investigations
- Monitoring credit alerts
- Sending statements & copy invoices where requested
- Monitoring billing cycles and ensuring customers’ receive data
- Ensure accounts on stop / hold are monitored and dealt with promptly
- Undertake all activities in line with Company Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures and participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace.
Key skills required:
- Experience within a corporate/retail collections department
- Experience of using MS Excel (spreadsheets & formulas)
- Experience in low volume high value credit control
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues and customers alike
- Customer focussed, the ability to understand the needs and priorities of our customers and the desire to deliver an outstanding service with a calm professional approach
**Please note- role is fully office based**
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted. Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
If you’d like to learn more about this role, please get in touch with me!
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.