Our client, a national logistics and leading supply chain company, is looking for a Credit Controller to join their friendly team at their headquarters unit in Greater Manchester.
As the Credit Controller, you will be reporting to the Head of Order to Cash, where you will play an integral part to the Finance Function within the business. In this varied role, you will undertake effective collection and obtain earliest possible settlement accounts to improve cash flow and minimise bad debt exposure with responsibility for circa. 500 accounts.
The role would very much suit an enthusiastic Credit Controller seeking a fresh challenge in a fast-expanding business that has gained significant success via acquisitions and organic growth.
- Account Reconciliations
- Deal with customer enquiries and able to identify & manage the need for credit notes
- Maintaining and building relationships with customers verbally and in writing whilst ensuring collection targets are met
- Liaising with internal departments to resolve queries
- Action and monitor all debtors
- Be able to produce and manipulate Excel workbooks to intermediate level
- Daily / Weekly analysis of all New Accounts open for investigations
- Monitoring credit alerts
- Sending statements & copy invoices where requested
- Monitoring billing cycles and ensuring customers receive data
- Ensure accounts on stop / hold are monitored and dealt with promptly
- Allocate cash and reconcile customer accounts
- Previous experience within Credit Control and working in a busy finance team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised with a proactive and methodical approach
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting deadlines to effectively prioritise tasks
- Good communication skills, with an excellent telephone manner and ability to build solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- IT Skills, with ability to learn new systems quickly, knowledge of Microsoft Office (intermediate excel skills as a minimum, D365 knowledge would be advantageous)
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Location: Greater Manchester