Reporting to the Data Protection Officer, of a global communications business, the role holder will be a key member of the Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) Data Privacy team.
The Deputy Data Protection Officer will help to ensure that regulatory obligations for the management, usage and protection of data are adhered to.
- To act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Data Governance Framework program across UK, Ireland and Luxembourg businesses, in order to maintain compliance of their local Data Protection requirements (UK Data Protection Act 2018, EU GDPR and CNPD)
- Supervise the completion and maintenance of regulatory required documentation, such as ROPAs, service catalogue, data privacy impact assessments and data journeys
- The creation and ownership of data privacy documentation to support all the associated processes and procedures
- Define and manage the delivery of awareness-raising and training to deliver compliance and to foster a data privacy culture within the organisation
- Be the point of contact for data subjects via the business or directly when exercising their individual data rights, as well as supervising and advising on the response to such requests
- Prepare board reports and establishing data protection reporting to demonstrate compliance with data protection legislation
- Work with other areas of the GRC team to support client audits, client questionnaires, client contracts, RFPs and the data privacy aspects of supplier reviews, as needed
- Develop strong relationships through the entire business at all levels to ensure the DPO’s profile and its objectives are well known and understood as to when the DPO should be engaged
- Raise awareness of data protection across the entire business
- Support the management of GRC initiated projects
We are looking for someone with a broad knowledge and experience of Data Protection principles within a print and multi-channel environment.
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.