We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our client, a marketing and advertising business.
This role offers a hybrid working environment and while on-site you will be ideally based in Dagenham or Leicester, although other locations could be considered. The hybrid model is 3 days in the office/2 days remote.
The Senior DevOps engineers’ duties entail support these environments. Tasks include base build, deployment, troubleshooting and general support. The engineers will also be expected to contribute ideas on how to improve system performance, operation and process.
DevOps will also undertake scheduled work e.g. system optimisation, hotfixes, change requests and new projects where required.
Senior DevOps engineers will be expected to provide mentoring, guidance and instruction to more junior members of the team.
Ideal candidate skills:
- Experience of variances in infrastructure/data centre layout – Private/Hybrid/Public Cloud
- Highly experienced in Wintel/Linux/Unix and alternative distributions
- Solid understanding/grounding in network principles – Addressing (IPv4 minimum, ideally IPv4 & v6), Subnet, LAN/WAN, Firewalls, Ports/Forwarding, NAT
- Good understanding of at least one project management methodology/project framework (Agile, Scrum, Prince2, Lean, Waterfall, ITIL)
- Understanding and appreciation of differing architecture frameworks and their individual strengths/weaknesses (MVC, TOGAF, SOA, Microservices)
- Proficient in scripting, in at least two of the following languages (PowerShell, bash, bat, Python, PHP, Perl)
- Proficient in programming, in at least two of the following frameworks (.NET/.NET Core/ASP.NET, Angular, Node, Express, Django, Ruby on Rails)
- Experience of curating/implementing CI/CD (GitLab, Jenkins, Azure Pipeline, CodePipeline)
- Good grounding in database technologies (Oracle, SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Postgre, MongoDB)
- Configuration/IaC Management (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, CloudFormation, ARM, SCCM)
- Source/Version control (Git/GitHub, Azure Repo’s, CodeCommit)
- Orchestration (Puppet, Kubernetes, EKS, AKS)
- Containerisation (Docker, Vagrant)
- Solid understanding/grounding in cloud platforms/technology, in at least one platform (Azure, OCI, AWS, GCP, AliBaba, IBM, OpenShift)
- Solid understanding/grounding in cloud concepts/terminology (PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, FaaS)
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.