Our client is looking for a midweight/senior Experience/Digital Designer to work with them on a freelance basis for a 8-12 week period, ideally starting late August/early September. They can pay market rate outside of IR35.
As an Experience/Digital Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the creative process, from discovery through to creating full design systems and collaborating with developers. You will utilise your full range of digital design, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design skills to build world-class experiences and leverage the latest and greatest emerging technologies. While digital experiences is their passion, they create across all creative canvases, touchpoints, screens, and physical spaces.
You will be required to have a strong understanding of visual design and UX/interaction principles for content publishing across various digital platforms. You will need to have a deep aesthetic sensibility and a perpetual curiosity for new and emerging approaches to human centered design.
Your design execution and aesthetic choices should elevate the product you are designing for. You should be fiercely passionate about the user experience and stay on top of all the latest design trends. You should have a strong design background and weave between visual design and UX seamlessly.
- Interface with clients to gather & clarify design & UX requirements
- Support the facilitation of UX workshops with clients and teams, providing active recommendations and insights to clients
- Map user journeys and website flows, sitemaps & information architectures
- Conduct UX wireframing and prototyping
- Design clean user interfaces in line with design briefs and brand guidelines
- Mentor other members of the design team
Experience & skills required
- Solid experience working as a digital UX/UI designer, ideally in a digital agency environment
- Strong & confident communications skills communicating ideas with stakeholders
- Experience working with clients and setting/managing expectations
- Experience leading & facilitating workshops and guiding stakeholder groups
- Excellent organisation, multitasking and planning skills
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Experience delivering responsive/mobile friendly and content rich website projects
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary and cross functional teams
- Experience guiding web content strategy from a UX angle, helping to define key site template and module structures
- Working and hands-on knowledge of HTML5 and CSS
- Wide range of prototyping techniques at various speeds and levels of fidelity
- Hands-on experience with UX Research techniques
- Ability to leverage data and formulate a compelling business case for design initiative
- Advanced understanding of Figma
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Location: Remote, UK