Our client who manufacturer and supplier of laboratory analytical instruments is looking for an Export Compliance specialist.
As the Export Compliance Officer, you will be required to develop and drive direction of export control compliance processes to ensure robust compliance management that meets current requirements of international regulations (e.g. UK, EU, US).
This is a great opportunity with lots of career progression available within the discipline of Compliance or outside of it and to be considered for this role you must having a good understanding and working knowledge of ECCN (Export control identification).
- You will review daily orders for compliance with local and foreign export control regulations and managing various kinds of export compliance issues, such as export license determinations, apply for licenses, and approvals
- You will be involved for the maintenance and deployment of the Group Export Control Compliance policy and supporting procedures and you will train others in the relevant procedures
- Be able to provide advice for classification of products
- Lead periodic export self-assessments or audits and implement any necessary corrective actions to ensure compliance with trade compliance regulation and internal policies
- Assess the legitimacy of third parties and business parties by conducting appropriate due diligence and research, whilst observing group compliance policies and procedures. Conduct business screenings within the given territory, provide essential review reports with risk mitigation recommendations. Information should be completed and provided in a timely manner
Key skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification
- Working experience working within a similar role (2 years plus) with an affinity with compliance
- A highly motivated and energetic personality
- Be an outstanding communicator and have the ability to build relationships with internal teams such as Sales, Logistics, Supply Chain, Management etc
- Be a confident Export Compliance trainer of the concepts, risks and consequences of not adhering to the policies
- Be able to confidently liaise with Export control regulators
- Be familiar with ECCN, ITAR AND EAR regulations. Knowing ECCN in depth is especially important if you have only worked in Military/Defence sectors
This role ideally would be hybrid base, 4 days at home and 1 day near Worcester but for the right person they will consider a full working from home position with some travel when needed for the business if it can’t be done via Teams Video.
Please apply with your CV ASAP.
Only candidates with the right to work in the UK will be considered.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Location: Worcester / Remote