Our client is looking for a External Systems Management Engineer to work in their Colchester office on a 6 month contract.
The primary purpose of the role is to work within the application management & deployment team, among a group of skilled support and implementation staff responsible for the management, administration and delivery of the firm’s desktop applications environment.
As the External Systems Management Engineer, you will have proven experience in large scale IT environments with good technical proficiency combined with a strong problem-solving ability. You will be joining a friendly and dynamic international team who are based across the UK, Poland, Germany & Singapore to deliver best-in-class support and solutions to our business.
- Support multiple technologies and Applications to help the team deliver the best-in-class support and innovation to our customers
- To be involved in all reactive elements of day-to-day service delivery, escalation, problem solving and implementation tasks for a wide range of business applications, including incident, problem and change managemen
- Monitoring and reporting of system availability and usage including Implementation of system upgrades
- Represent the team on projects, ensuring best practices and operational support elements are in scope & assist in the transition of projects to operational status
To join our future-focused, always approachable team, you will need:
- SCCM, MECM – Experience in application packaging, deployment, patch management & troubleshooting for MSI, AppV & MSIX
- Intune – Experience in supporting & deploying Microsoft Intune including best practices for Intune software distribution & management to Windows PC’s.
- AdminStudio & InstallShield – Experience of automating packages, customisations & patching using these or similar tooling
- M365 / Azure – An understanding of the Microsoft platform across Azure and the M365 Suite including the governance & policies
- PowerShell – Scripting experience
- Active Directory (On-premises and Azure) – Knowledge of associated services such as Group Policy Objects (GPOs) & ADFS
- Microsoft Server (2012, 2016, 2019) and Windows 10 – Experience in supporting & troubleshooting applications and services
- Microsoft Office 365 – Experience of applications support, administration, and troubleshooting, including Office add-ins
- A good understanding of networking, IT Infrastructure & hardware
Desirable skills required:
- Knowledge of LexisNexis InterAction CRM
- Web browser support & troubleshooting (Edge Legacy, Edge Chromium, IE 11)
- PDF Reader & Annotation tools support & troubleshooting (Adobe/Kofax PDF/OneNote)
- Experience of diagnostic tools (Process Explorer, Procmon, PSExec, Wireshark, Fiddler)
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted. Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK. NO sponsorship offered.
If you’d like to learn more about this role, please get in touch with me!
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital.
£475 per day (Inside IR35)