If you're looking for your next role in infrastructure security and you have experience in leadership roles, have a look at the requirements below.
Join one of the UK and Europe’s largest Customer Communication enterprises as their Infrastructure Security Lead Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be accountable for the leadership and management of the Infrastructure Security Team which will include responsibility for delivering and assuring the required system updates as well as endpoint anti-malware and endpoint detection and response (EDR) capabilities to maintain the security of our client.
The role offers flexibility and remote working with occasional travel on-site in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.
- Overall ownership of the infrastructure patching and anti-malware policies and processes required to support the patching and anti-malware strategy across the business
- Input, alongside peers from Technology Assurance as well as representatives from the Technology Infrastructure Team into the corporate patching and anti-virus strategies
- Monitoring of patching and vulnerability feeds across multiple systems, devices and applications
- Working with the Security Operations Team to prioritise activities based on actual material risk to the business
- Partnering with the Asset Management Team to ensure all systems, existing or new, are inventoried for software and brought within the scope of patching & anti-virus activities
- Agreeing suitable maintenance windows for patching and updating with business (and indirectly) client representatives
- Preparing for patch and anti-malware/EDR roll-out through testing on test environments or subsets of low risk systems to minimise the likelihood of impacts to production systems and services
Your experience and skillset:
- History of delivering successful endpoint security technology such as infrastructure patching and anti-malware/EDR in a medium to large business environment
- Detailed knowledge of a variety of different desktop and server operating systems, virtualization technology, storage and networking solutions
- Successful delivery of change projects across a complex environment
- Successful team leadership – managing and motivating small teams of technically skilled engineers to deliver both projects and day-to-day support of system infrastructure
- Working in an environment where out-of-hours and weekend work was required to deliver team objectives
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.