We're looking for a Infrastructure Specialist/Zabbix Developer to join our client, a customer communications company, on a permanent basis.
The Infrastructure Specialist/Zabbix Developer works as part of the Infrastructure Services team and is responsible for delivering a world class service monitoring platform across UK and Europe and supporting global requirements.
- Developing new monitoring functionality to meet the business requirements in line with defined development standards
- Able to transform non-technical requirements into a fully documented technical solution
- Define and maintain solutions in line with the Enterprise Management strategy
- Deliver accurate reporting and provide monthly management information
- Provide advice and guidance to all areas of IT in the application of monitoring technologies
We are looking for someone with:
- Good knowledge of Windows and Unix operating systems
- Experience and knowledge of server application stack (Tomcat / API / ActiveMQ / JBOSS)
- Experience in working with Open Source products (GCC, automake, MySQL, Subversion)
- Proven ability to Diagnose and Troubleshoot root cause investigations
- Ideally, experience in Zabbix monitoring (SNMP Administration)
- Experience with Python / Jira
- Desirable knowledge in SNMP, LAMP stack, Web server and database technologies
- Desirable experience in server administration and delivering network efficient solutions
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.