We're looking for an IT Business Applications & Hardware Technician for a business services and workplace solutions company based in Oldham.
About the company
A leading provider of business services and workplace solutions – direct to end users and via the wholesale channel.
Our brands have been trusted supply chain partners for businesses across the UK & Ireland, large and small, for over 130 years. Through a consolidated range of business solutions, we help companies control costs, drive efficiency and improve productivity. With over 100,000 products, including the 5 starTM product brand, we provide one of the UK’s most extensive portfolio of products.
- Staff the Service Desk telephone line during core business hours.
- Be the initial response for all IT related requests into the Service Desk.
- Triage calls not automatically allocated an SLA within the Service Desk.
- Investigate and solve all IT requests that come into the Service Desk to the best of their ability.
- Escalate to 3rd line support where there are knowledge gaps within processes or where they cannot solve a call.
- Manage service desk requests and liaise with external Suppliers on requests that are serviced externally. Also ensure that these requests are solved within SLA and bring failing requests to the attention of the IT Support Manager.
- Manage the handling and communication between the Company user base and Service Desk process from initial point of contact through to notification of resolution.
- Administrate the movement of Company IT hardware within the Service Desk and associated spreadsheet registers.
- Administrate the allocation and movement of Company IT software and licenses within the Service Desk and associated spreadsheet registers.
- Where required, document new processes and publish them on the support portal.
- Schedule automated reports using SP Reports.NET, Crystal Reports Scheduler and SQL Reporting Services Scheduler.
- Have a sound knowledge of all applications used within the business including bespoke applications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have sound knowledge of all business processes around applications used in a busy IT department within a medium to large business
- Be able to install, configure and administrate all applications used within the business on the laptop\desktop of Company users.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving strategies
- Have a high quality inter-personal skill
- Configure all the devices used by the company prior to deployment to the user, e.g. Mobile phones, PCs, Laptops, Printers, Pocket PCs and other peripheral items.
- Proven ability to provide ‘hands on’ support for deployment of new equipment and/or resolution of faulty equipment
- MS Office 365
- Hybrid Azure AD
- Backup systems
- Server 2022
- Support Telecoms
- Mobile Phone/Laptop preparation for new users
We recognise the commitment and value of all our staff, therefore offer a variety of rewards to those who work with us, including:
- An Employee Assistance Programme, which offers a free confidential counselling service and a wide range of discounts from major retailers, dining and leisure
- Holidays starting at 22 days per annum plus bank holidays, rising in line with level of service
- Pension Scheme
- Eye care cost contributions
- Birthday leave
- On site parking
- Family friendly policies
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
If you’d like to learn more about this role, please get in touch with Natalie!
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
£19,000 to £28,000 - depending on experience
Location: Oldham, Manchester (then Ashton in the new year)