We are looking for an Junior Oracle Developer who is looking to build and take their career to the next step.
The successful candidate will have good knowledge of developing software following good methodologies and best practices in a busy environment. They will need proven, knowledge of building and supporting Oracle applications and be able to converse confidently, fluently and effectively.
Day to day activities:
- Supports the design of simple applications
- Conducts review of supplied specifications as required
- Codes, tests, corrects and documents more complex pieces of code and provides peer review
- Strong adherence to quality processes and understanding of right-first-time approach and able to review code to ensure quality controls are in place
- Able to demonstrate strong adherence to quality processes and understanding of right-first-time approach and able to review code to ensure quality controls are in place
The ideal candidate will posses the following skills:
- Experience developing and maintaining PL/SQL applications
- Oracle APEX 4.2 or higher
- Oracle Database 12c or higher
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical staff regarding issues
- Adept in engaging effectively with users, clients and other IT teams
- Capability to follow processes, update and evaluate if improvements are needed
- Strong adherence to quality processes and understanding of right first-time approach
- Good debugging and problem solving skills
Only candidates with the right to work in the UK will be considered. Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.