We're looking for an organised person for this Junior Project Manager role to assist in delivering group projects. This role is hybrid and is based in Sunderland/remote.
As a trainee Project Manager within the business, you will start your career by assisting in the successful delivery of the design, plan, development and implementation of group wide projects using standard project and company process methodology. Ensuring client and internal requirements are met, and that the project is completed to plan and within budget.
You must be able to communicate with all areas and at all levels of the company and develop strong working relationships with your key stakeholders. You will work with the IT, Development, Operations, Finance and Client Services teams group wide to effectively deliver all projects.
- To assist in the identification, define, scope, plan and help autonomously manage the implementation of projects as determined by the Project Manager/Programme Manager / Head of Programme Management, complying with the businesses Project & Programme Management Methodology.
- Awareness and adhering to certain industry standards such as ISO 9001 /2 ISO 27001 accreditations.
- To learn and assist in the identification & management of project resources from all levels within the organisation for timely delivery of projects.
- Learn how to prepare a Project Kick Off Document, RAID Log, Project Status Report, PID, & other project documentation which can help the Sponsor and PM capitalise on the uncovered opportunities throughout the project.
- To understand and assist in the creation of project status reports to the Sponsors/Programme Manager through the agreed reporting mechanism.
- To help represent the client’s interests whilst providing the business with the most efficient implementation of the project.
- To assist in Best Practice of the businesses Project Management Methodology
- To attend and comply with all training required for the role
- Undertake to comply with the Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) and its associated policies.
- To perform any other duties, which may be required from time to time.
You will need to possess effective verbal and written communication skills and have experience of using some project skills in your current role. You must be well organised, able to interpret and draw relevant insights from various resources and methodologies; you will transform requirements into a realistic project that can be communicated to relevant departments within the business and manage the delivery of these. There is a strong need for you to be independent as well as a team player, focused, confident, assertive and diplomatic.
What we’re looking for:
- Passionate about delivering value, on time and above customer and internal expectations
- Have some awareness of planning tools, such as MS Project
- Ability to breakdown and deliver the needs of the client (Internal or external)
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate and report successfully with internal senior management and/or senior level clients
- Effective people matrix management with the ability to motivate people
- Good relationship management
- Excellent presentation skills
If you’d like to learn more about this role, please get in touch with Natalie!
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK. NO sponsorship offered.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Location: Hybrid working - Sunderland/remote