Our client, one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies are looking for two additional Network Engineer’s to join them on a permanent basis in their Slough office.
The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyse and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with department heads to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Design, implement, and maintain VOIP phone system to include phone servers, phones, and faxes.
- Design, implement, and maintain Audio/Video systems Operational Management
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling County objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- You will have a bachelor’s degree and 2 years related experience.
- Or an associate’s degree with 4 years of related experience.
What we’re looking for:
- 6 years related experience if you don’t have the above qualifications.
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Proven experience with VOIP phone systems.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted. Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Location: Slough / Hybrid