Our client, a leading customer communications company, is looking for an Oracle DBA to join them on a 3 month contract to be based in either their Leicester or Dagenham office.
As the Oracle DBA, you will work as part of the Infrastructure Services team, where you will provide 2nd line support to all Oracle Database Management Systems across various sites around Europe.
- Provide second line support responding to incident referrals
- Support hardware and software for Oracle and MySQL Database Management System solutions
- Prioritise IT incidents based on severity and urgency and track until successful resolution or reallocation
- Conduct routine hardware, software and access control audits, implement remediation activities to ensure compliance with IT Governance policies and procedures
- Perform DBMS installation in accordance with procedures defined by Oracle Senior DBA’s
- Perform root cause problem investigations and implement remediation as defined by Oracle Senior DBA’s
- Maintain solution documentation and accuracy of the configuration management database (CMDB)
- Flexible approach to working as unsociable hours is often required
Key skills required
- Strong and current knowledge of all Oracle Database Management Systems
- Experience of working with a team of IT engineers and infrastructure across a multi-site environment
- Understanding of service management tools from IBM. TADDM, TSM, and IT CAM
- Good organisational skills, the ability to handle a variety of tasks and priorities
- Experience of ITIL and Prince 2 methodologies
This is a 3 month contract, paid weekly. You will be working a hybrid role of 2/3 days in the closest office to your home (either Leicester or Dagenham) and the rest from home. You must have a right to work in the United Kingdom.
Salary is up to £600 per day outside IR35.
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
£600 per day
Location: Leicester or Dagenham