Our client, one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, is looking for a Lean Coach to join them for a 3-year fixed term contract.
As the Lean Coach you will direct the design and development of processes, instruments, and equipment from the laboratory through Chemical Manufacturing processes. You will be responsible for identification, deployment and governance of Chemical information technologies needed to support product development processes as well as directing and/or supporting technology initiatives and strategic vendor interactions.
You will also provide an effective liaison between the Engineering & Production Logistics Project team and the IT Steering Committee and the information technology department, as well as external vendors providing IT related services.
IT Resources & Project Management
- Organize, Track, Coordinate, and Report on IT project activity, progress and resources assigned to key program/projects.
- Facilitate resource planning process and lead resource allocation and planning meetings.
- Ensure that projects are documented to a high standard, communicated and agreed upon with key stakeholders.
- Recommend and lead efforts to streamline the IT PMO processes and establish best practices.
- Provide thought leadership and lend insight to the IT PMO.
R&D Unit Setup
- Oversee schedules, supplies, materials, equipment and manpower requirements in the pilot plant, and recommend programs to maximize project success, improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of the R&D plant operations.
- Provide technical leadership in the areas of process development, process validation and equipment validation with a focus on solid dosage forms.
- Set up and maintain tracking system for each product defining critical process parameters.
- Responsible for writing technical summaries and process development/validation reports, author/review/approve compliant documentations (SOPs, manufacturing batch records and validation protocols).
- MA or PhD in IT, Engineering or related fields.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with technology evaluation, deployment and project management required.
- 10 + years management experience in Chemical and/or Materials industry, preferably with some years’ experience in Technical Development as well as managing Implementation of Chemical or Materials R&D Projects within these disciplines.
- 5+ years of professional IT experience running high performing environments in multiple technical and business domains.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills – able to effectively plan and manage complex projects; quickly identifies real or potential issues, seek practical solutions and escalate appropriately.
- IT and business knowledge to manage IT delivery processes end-to-end.
- Project Management Professional certification a plus.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, specifically in the Research and Quality functional areas.
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted. Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Up to £950 per day (outside IR35)