Our client, a leading customer communications company, is looking for a Senior Application Support Engineer to join them on a 3 month contract to be based in either their Leicester or Dagenham office.
As the Senior Application Support Engineer, you will work as part of the wider team of Engineers supporting a variety of high availability applications for a large customer base. You will manage a variety of services to tightly defined SLA’s – these services include, but are not limited to, Inbound Document Management.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for continuous improvement in the IT product, process and service
- Create and QA effective documentation to facilitate maintenance and support of developed products
- Provide technical advice, guidance and assistance to colleagues
- Follow defined standards and procedures for investigating and resolving support issues
- Gain good knowledge of existing implemented solutions and work closely with other IT teams, to identify and resolve problems as required
- Day to day management of service issues; identified, managed and resolved in a timely manner using defined and consistent processes
- Attend regular Service Operations (CAB, Incident, Problem, SLA) calls and ensure actions assigned to team are completed
Key skills required
- Extensive problem solving skills, analytical thinker to offer support knowledge and experience of server, web based, and desktop applications
- Good Microsoft SQL server knowledge with the ability to be able to write / understand SQL scripts
- Good knowledge of application deployment and support on Windows platforms is essential
- Good knowledge of IIS configuration essential
- Experience of ABBYY FlexiCapture preferable
- Working knowledge of Apache Tomcat configurationWorking knowledge of MS Office Suite of
- Experience of supporting applications delivered via CITRIX
- Working knowledge of the ITIL process
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff regarding issues, progress to resolve and next steps
This is a 3 month contract, paid weekly. You will be working a hybrid role of 2/3 days in the closest office to your home (either Leicester or Dagenham) and the rest from home.
Salary is up to £600 per day outside IR35.
You must have a right to work in the United Kingdom and hold a valid and current passport as you may be required to travel to other countries
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
£600 per day
Location: Leicester or Dagenham