We are looking for a Senior Database Administrator to join our client's team, on a permanent basis.
The Senior DBA works as part of the Database Systems Team in the Infrastructure Services Department within IT Operations.
This position is required to support and implement the client’s IT Strategy and provide third line support for all strategic Database Management Systems across various sites around Europe.
- Provide third line support responding to incident referrals
- Support hardware and software for strategic Database Management Systems solutions
- Hardware support is in conjunction with the UNIX/Storage team and Wintel/VMWare team as appropriate
- Strategic Database Management Systems are currently limited to Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL on premise and in the cloud (OCI, AWS, Azure)
- Prioritise issues based on severity and urgency and track all outstanding incidents until successful resolution or reallocation
- Create standard system designs and maintain in line with evolving technologies
- Design and document fit for purpose, scalable and resilient database management solutions maintaining compliance the client’s various accreditations
- Define database management system installation procedures to create repeatable standard deployments
Key skills required:
- Expert and current knowledge of at least two strategic Database Management Systems: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle , MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience in compiling project costs and manage to an agreed budget. Looks for value when evaluating competing software products and for opportunities to reduce costs of development
- Ability to convert a set of requirements into a documented solution that is supportable by a small team but scalable for growth.
- Understanding of service management tools (e.g. Zabbix, TSM).
- Experience of ITIL and Prince2 methodologies.
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.