A high-performance marketing services organisation with offices across Europe and the US is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to join them on a permanent basis.
There’s a huge amount of opportunity for natural career progression as well as the unique environment for carving out your own future.
This role is site based – either Manchester, Leicester, Bristol, Leeds, Tewkesbury, Sunderland, Livingston, Edinburgh, Peterborough, Sunderland and Nottingham.
The Senior Database Administrator works as part of the Database Systems Team in the Infrastructure Services Department within IT, Operations. This position is required to support and implement the company’s IT Strategy and provide 3rd line support for all strategic Database Management Systems across various sites around Europe.
● Provide third line support responding to incident referrals. Support hardware and software for strategic Database Management Systems solutions. Hardware support is in conjunction with the UNIX/Storage team and Wintel/VMWare team as appropriate
● Strategic Database Management Systems are currently limited to Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL on premise and in the cloud (OCI, AWS, Azure)
● Prioritise issues based on severity and urgency and track all outstanding incidents until successful resolution or reallocation
● Create standard system designs and maintain in line with evolving technologies
● Design and document fit for purpose, scalable and resilient database management solutions maintaining compliance with the companies various accreditations
● Define database management system installation procedures to create repeatable standard deployments
● Support IT projects in all phases of the lifecycle to ensure adherence with company IT policies and procedures
● Document root cause, audit and security remediation’s for implementation
● Provide continuous service improvement reviews and maintain the database 5 year roadmap
● Maintain solution documentation and accuracy of the configuration management database (CMDB) or equivalent
● Flexible approach as working unsociable hours is often required
We’re looking for someone with:
● Expert and current knowledge of at least two strategic Database Management Systems: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL.
● Experience in compiling project costs and manage to an agreed budget. Looks for value when evaluating competing software products and for opportunities to reduce costs of development
● Extensive problem-solving skills
● Ability to convert a set of requirements into a documented solution that is supportable by a small team but scalable for growth
● Experience of working with a team of IT engineers and infrastructure across a multi-site environment
● Understanding of service management tools (e.g. Zabbix, TSM).
● Good organisational skills, the ability to handle a variety of tasks and priorities
● Strong adherence to quality processes and understanding of right first-time approach
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar technical role
● Experience of ITIL, Prince2 and Agile methodologies
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
If you’d like to learn more about this role, please get in touch with Natalie!
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Location: Various locations (UK)