We are looking for a Senior Oracle Developer to join our client on a permanent basis to work a within team building and supporting applications within a high availability commercial environment.
As the Senior Oracle Developer, you will have excellent knowledge of developing software following good methodologies and best practice in a busy environment whilst maintaining good source control practices.
This is a fully Remote role, but you must be able to travel to Bristol 2 days per month.
- Work with internal customers to establish/validate application requirements and have an understanding that colleagues in the business are customers and adopts a service excellence ethos
- Communicate effectively with non-technical staff
- Supports design of simple applications and conducts review of supplied specifications as required
- Codes, tests, corrects and documents more complex pieces of code and provides peer reviews
- Strong adherence to quality processes and understanding of right first-time approach and able to review code to ensure quality controls are in place
- Provide Out of Hours (On call) support where required
- Extensive experience developing and maintaining PL/SQL applications
- Oracle APEX 4.2 or higher
- Oracle Database 12c or higher
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Capability to follow processes, update and evaluate if improvements are needed
- Strong adherence to quality processes and understanding of right first-time approach
- Good debugging and problem-solving skills
- Ability to document basic business processes and evaluate how the use of software / applications could improve processes
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a similar technical role
- Desired – Oracle PL/SQL developer Certified Associate or similar
- Desired – Knowledge of data vault 2.0, Snowflake and Power BI
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please only apply if you can travel to Bristol and have the right to work in the UK as no sponsorship is offered.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.