Our client, a national logistics and leading supply chain company, is looking for a Senior Purchase Ledger to join their friendly team at their headquarters unit in Greater Manchester.
As the Senior Purchase Ledger, you will be reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, where your role plays an integral part to the Finance Function within the business. In this varied and busy role, you’ll undertake effective input of supplier invoices and reconciliation to supplier statements.
- Act as the Accounts payable expert at the site supporting other team members/leading by example
- Prepare and maintain required reporting including KPI reporting on a weekly basis
- Prepare weekly payment runs and upload to bank
- Input into ‘YOUZ’ implementation and ongoing maintenance and control
- Input of supplier invoices and credits for stock, overhead, direct supply and print suppliers matching to goods received note/advice service received/direct delivery advice and matched to purchase order
- Timely input of all invoices received such that all invoices are captured within 1 working day
- Obtain statements from suppliers and ensure reconciled monthly, querying reconciling items with suppliers
- Ensuring suppliers are paid to terms
- Managing debit balances
- Experience of working a Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable role in a busy finance team
- Highly organised with a proactive and methodical approach
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting deadlines to effectively prioritise tasks
- Good communication skills, with an excellent telephone manner and ability to build solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- IT Skills, with ability to learn new systems quickly, good knowledge of Microsoft Office (intermediate excel skills as a minimum, D365/YOUZ would be advantageous).
This role would suit an enthusiastic individual with solid experience within Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable in a medium to large business who is now looking to progress within their finance career and for a fresh challenge in a fast-expanding business that has gained significant success via acquisitions and organic growth.
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Location: Greater Manchester