Our client, a customer communications company, is looking for a Service Desk Engineer to join them on a permanent basis in their offices in Dagenham.
- Provide specialist support to all the client’s users ensuring that all functions are carried out legally and in accordance with best practice
- Provide first and second line ‘help desk’ user support for designated applications software
- Be the contact point for the company mobiles – arranging upgrades, repairs and new equipment
- Provide technical knowledge for IT and electronic systems that aid the production equipment including the shop floor data collection systems
- Undertake to comply with the Information Security Management System (ISMS) and its associated policies
Key skills required:
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7, 10 and Server 2012 and above operating systems
- Strong PC and Server hardware knowledge for the following hardware platforms – HP/IBM/Dell
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group policies
- Strong knowledge of desktop virtualization technology and knowledge of enterprise desktops products and methodology
- Capable of engaging effectively with users, clients, and other IT teams at all levels
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff regarding IT issues, progress to resolve
- An understanding of IT disciplines like, VMWare, Unix, Networking, Telecoms, Enterprise and Database Management
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.