Our client is working towards getting the United Kingdom to be net-zero through their Solar products and brings carbon & energy savings to new and existing clients is now looking for an experienced Development and Operations Manager.
This is a unique opportunity for a capable Operations/Contracts Manager to work in a versatile role the commercial solar industry.
As the Solar Operations Manager you will assist in all aspects of project development, project management, stakeholder communication, administration, legal documentation, and due diligence among other tasks paramount to the support of ongoing and future projects.
- Main point of contact for stakeholder engagement from initial contact through to project completion. Ensure projects reach financial close on time whilst overseeing all quality control aspects for the respective project funders.
- Provide deal flow and project milestone information to project funders as required.
- Liaising with internal sales, design, technical, legal, and construction teams to ensure project target dates are met.
- Resolve queries from internal and external customers and third parties within specified timescales through multiple communication channels.
- Provide an auditable trail of incoming and outgoing documentation for projects both manually and/or electronically.
Key skills required:
- MUST have experience in delivering large scale (>5MW or 5,000 kw) commercial solar projects
- Proven experience managing projects and operations for 3+ years Energetic, strong work ethic, driven, can-do attitude and accountable individual. Strong computing skills with proficient use of applications such as the MS Office package and CRM systems essential.
- An understanding of renewable energy systems including Solar PV is preferable but not essential. Experience in procurement contracts and construction management will be beneficial, but not essential.
- Problem-solving needs to be something you enjoy and are good at. A strong drive to deliver on time, on budget, and on quality is essential. Excellent numeracy skills and clear written English, being familiar with industry technical terms advantageous but not essential.
- Financial modelling experience will be well received.
You will be required to work a blend of office-based in Exeter, and then possibly a day or two at home when bedded in. You will have the ability (and willingness) to travel across the UK to visit sites when/if needed.
The package on offer for this role includes an attractive basic salary up to £45,000 – £60,000 (depending on experience) and a profit share bonus.
Please apply with your CV ASAP.
Only candidates with the right to work permanently in the UK will be consider for this role.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.