Do you have a passion for all things tech? Do you have a keen eye for detail, a nose for a good story, and demonstrable editorial experience? Can you build great relationships with key contacts?
Our client is searching for a tech brand journalist to help find, develop and deliver the stories that will successfully communicate the client’s aspirations and accomplishments.
This stimulating and rewarding role would suit an accomplished tech journalist who would be excited to work within a PR agency environment.
Roles and responsibilities:
- You will research and develop media assets including press releases, pitch notes and video scripts, while working alongside a skilled team of creative professionals to also help develop infographics and other assets that support news-making opportunities.
- You will manage long-term projects and deliver materials to an exceptional standard and pre-determined deadlines, helping secure approvals with the client and relevant stakeholders
- You will react quickly to short notice requests and news-making opportunities, delivering cogent, accurate and engaging content in a fast-paced newsroom and feature writing environment
- You will ask the right questions to find and develop stories that will get national papers/websites excited, and appeal to a wide audience
- Like much of the world, right now the team are mostly working from home, and you will initially need to do the same as you connect digitally with stakeholders and contacts. In typical circumstances you will be based on the South Bank, London
We are looking for someone with:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent, or be able to demonstrate a proficiency and aptitude for creating engaging written materials through a portfolio of existing content
- Possess an enthusiasm for technology
- Have a keen eye for proofreading, fact-checking, cross-checking and spotting trends and anomalies in data charts
- Be able to dissect technical information and translate it into understandable copy
- Be comfortable interviewing people at all levels of seniority
- Be able to build respectful relationships with expert contacts
- Be able to use your own initiative to hunt down the next story
- Work with video editors and graphic designers to create assets to support your stories
- Be comfortable working within an agency and taking direction from multiple stakeholders
- Have a “can do” attitude and be prepared to deliver engaging, comprehensive, factually accurate and grammatically correct stories
- Ability to manage multiple work streams effectively
- The ability to work quickly and accurately, to a brief and to a deadline