We're looking for a Technical Consultant to join a workspace solutions company. The contract is initially for six months, two days a week, but could be extended.
The Technical Consultant provides a professional interface between business and technology for strategic accounts. You will oversee effective technology provision for clients across the service portfolio within the business. Driving innovation within the account and gaining a deep understanding of the business priorities and challenges. Collaborate with teams adjacent to technology – especially Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC); drive continuous improvement across the services; act as a thought leader and help to drive the future roadmap.
This role is a contract basis for the first 6 months – two days’ per week, but is likely to transition to a permanent position. The role is client-facing and some UK travel is expected.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the technology expert for the business, with a deep understanding of the clients’ challenges and market trends and how this creates opportunity for our business.
- Provide input to the formulation of competitive commercial models in collaboration with finance partners.
- With a thorough understanding of the Group service portfolio, develop compelling technology roadmaps that support the growth of existing business and the acquisition of new clients.
- Working alongside MD, Client Managing Partner, Proposition Director, Proposition Marketing and Business Development, support the development of the value proposition.
- Provide SME consultancy support to clients and prospects and the team.
- Maintain and grow knowledge of emerging and current industry technologies to support innovation and new solutions.
- Work with relevant colleagues across the business to develop solutions.
- Assist all other departments in such a way that all the teams within the business operate as a cohesive effective unit.
- Act as client point of contact for technology direction, problem resolution and service-impacting incidents.
- Own the continuous service improvement agenda to reduce risk and improve performance
The right candidate will have experience in a client-facing role, discussing technology strategy and be comfortable managing competing priorities. This is a senior role engaging with board-level colleagues and client executives. We want to better mesh the strategic roadmaps of our clients, with that of the business. It is important to be familiar with the major technology families in our estate but only at a conceptual level.
There are no hands-on technical tasks and you do not need specific IT skills. More important is a broad appreciation of current technology, openness to diverse opinions, and a tenacity to follow things through. The eligibility criteria for professional membership of the British Computer Society give an idea of broadly what IT experience we’re looking for.
Knowledge and Skills
- Commitment to a safe and secure environment for colleagues, clients and customer
- Confidence in working with senior personnel through good and bad situations
- Experience of facilitating cross-functional cooperation
- Broad appreciation of technology evidenced through experience or qualifications
- Experience of leading sessions for technical and business audiences
- Familiarity with the major ITIL service management disciplines
- Reliability when working without close supervision
- Ability to rapidly assimilate information from multiple technical and business sources
- Confident and effective communication with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable continuing professional education
Good standard of education. A degree desirable
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
If you’d like to learn more about this role, please get in touch with Natalie!
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
£600 per day