We are looking for an Infrastructure/Wintel Team Lead to join our client, a customer communications company, on a permanent basis.
The Wintel Team Lead works as part of the Infrastructure and Operations team and is responsible for leading the operations of all our customer’s Windows and x86 platforms across various sites in the UK, Ireland and Luxembourg.
- Maintain the Wintel strategy
- Maintain and implement policies, procedures and work instructions in line with organisational requirements and industry best practices
- Perform technical escalation duties for the Wintel team
- Ensure the maximum operational availability of platforms to support the requirements of the business
- Manage the resource scheduling and set priorities for the teams activities
- Support all internal and external audits in line with the IT Governance obligations and implementation of remediation steps required for compliance
- Support IT projects in all phases of the lifecycle to ensure adherence with the IT policies and procedures
- Accountable for continuous service improvement reviews and maintain the Wintel 5 year roadmap
- Maintain solution documentation and accuracy of the configuration management database (CMDB)
- Supplier management of 3rd parties providing services to the Wintel team
We are looking for someone with:
- Thorough knowledge of all Windows operating systems
- Current knowledge of x86 technologies and platforms
- Ability to work effectively in a busy team environment and must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and written
- Experience in compiling project costs and manage to an agreed budget
- Looks for value when evaluating competing software products and for opportunities to reduce costs of development
- Ability to convert a set of requirements into a documented solution
- Experience of leading a team in a multi-site environment
- Good organisational skills, the ability to handle a variety of tasks and priorities.
- Strong adherence to quality processes and understanding of right first time approach
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar technical role
- Experience of ITIL and Prince 2 methodologies
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.